Sunday 11 May 2014

Moon Dust

I made a little quilt for the Vancouver Cherry Festival 2014
This is my fourth quilt cherry blossom quilt, so I decided to do something different ... a night view!


I used some background fabric, purchased some time ago, and built the design from there. I painted the tree and added additional light from the moon with pink metalic 'moon dust'. 
The blossoms are made with three different pink beads.


Here are a few photos from the show that is held annually at the Silk Purse in West Vancouver.
Years ago, Japan donated decorative cherry trees and they mark the arrival of spring. 
Judy Villett has organized and curated these shows. http://www.judyvillett.com/





Watch for it next year, the show has innovative and varied pieces, all a pleasure to see!

No comments: